Thursday, October 16, 2008

Progress Check 2


No approval yet for the above poster but I thought it's about time to show off the finished Barbies. Yes, they are finished. I have no plans what-so-ever to add anymore accessories, tweak the costume or comb the hair. They are done!

I'm now still working on the final details of this project. I kept doing and doing and stuff I neglected kept cropping up. Maybe it was because others were doing six packagings and I'm only doing three that is making me insecure. I kept trying to compensate by doing additional stuff like souvenirs, box for souvenirs, and crappy items.

Now I have worked it down to these items: fan, booklet, certificate and box skin.

I know, I know. All these and she said working on final details. It seemed as if I'm only half way there, no? The remaining four items shouldn't be too hard as I have discovered after working on some other side items. Basically I have covered all the designing aspects after finishing the packaging boxes and dolls. From then on, I need only to recycle the designs and create a layout on different items. Pretty easy, actually.

These are the things I have accomplished so far: dressed three dolls, crafted three glass packagings, designed labels, boxes, a calendar plus cover, three ugly coasters, three boring flyers and the big poster you're seeing up there.

These are the flyers you're seeing here. The reason they are boring is because of the layout. I'm at this point where I just want to finish it off. I don't want to think too much, thus the boring straight forward layout. But I do like the colour palette here though. These colours will be seen running through all my designs in this project.

Hopefully I will be able to finish these off by today or tomorrow. Then get final approval on Friday. If the print shop is open, print on Saturday. If not, then Monday. After that, that's it! Not touching this thing anymore. Argh.. there are works other than GD, you know. I'm afraid even if I aim to score an A here, I will then flunk the rest.

Need to get back to work. Blogging only takes up that much time.

4 comments:

kangrui said...

im liking the barbies! they look pretty~ i like the details and how the clothes seem so flowy. i like the colours too! the high waist straps make the clothes look very nice! great looking head gear too!

would love to see if they have shoes! and how their hair looks like? mind posting up more pics? hehe!

Quin said...

what you see is what u get..

u hit on two very important points. their shoes are the ones they come in. as for hair, i chopped off two of the barbies' beautiful locks. then i used the head gear as a cover up.

these dolls are really for display only. u can't take off their clothes to play with them coz the cloths are stuck on them, not sewn.

haha.. u caught me.

adri-enne said...

I like the Egyptian queen best. Good job. I'm really impressed but I can't quite stand the barbie smiles. Hahaha which makes them barbies.

Anyways, I think ironing the cloth you used as background would be a good idea.

Overall, you impress me as usual. And this constantly makes me wonder what I would've done if given the same assignment. Remember the days, we used to compete? You were my most worthy opponent. hahaha :)

For the empress, the white cloth is a bit solid for it to be plain. (but i'm not sure if any jahitan thingy would be a good idea) have you tried something more transparent-ish (organza material?)

hwaaarrr i can't stop looking at the posters.

Quin said...

thanks for the opinions. the background u mentioned, i did give it a thought. but as usual, when i'm near the end of an assignment, i wanna get them over with asap. that's when i close one eye over the finer details...

er... the wrinkles in the material are textures to liven up the picture and not proof of my sloppiness?

haha.. talking about competing.. sometimes when i chat with u over my work, i do wonder how u will fare as a graphic designer. even if we're not in the same field now, i'm still impressed over ur creative talents. tho u dun apply them in arts that much, they still make a presence in other aspect of ur life.