Monday, October 27, 2008

My Conscience is Mean

I am such an emotional wreck now. My works are not done. I thought I have them under control but apparently not. There is like this huge stone on my chest. I want to scream but I can't. I listen to songs and got touched for no reasons. I want to run away from this place so much. I have screwed up big time. Only reprinting will help. And that means another big chunk out of my now pitifully puny wallet. My heart nearly stopped when I realized the mistake. I thought I could pull it through. Pretend it's not there. Close one eye. Two eyes if I really can't take it. But no matter how many eyes I close, there're still the eyes of my conscience. It poked me. I pretend not to feel anything. It shoved me till I stumbled, I pretend it's a tiny earthquake. It slammed its mighty fist on my desk, I pretend it's those guys next door jamming. It then held me by the collar and slapped my face multiple times. I pretend there's wind blowing. Finally, the simplest things of all. Using its powerful forefingers and thumbs, it pried my tightly shut eyes open. And then put my work in front of my reluctant gaze. And then my conscience won. I lost. I can pretend no longer.

What is another hundred ringgit among the hundreds I have already spent? What is one week of hell compared to months of bliss?

Work. Do not stall. Work.

Pull myself out of this and I will see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel.

Work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Anyway, I have to reprint all as well, printing on sticker is a bad idea for my packaging =(

Quin said...

sigh... we all make mistakes..