Thursday, October 09, 2008

BOOOMB!

The GD lecturer dropped a bomb yesterday. Couldn't say I was surprised. There have been signs.

A normal semester consisted of fifteen/sixteen weeks. From previous posts, I have often stressed how I have six more weeks until the sem ends. Well, I sort of have a "breather" here. The sem is going to end early. Three weeks earlier. From week sixteen, at the most, everything is going to be pushed up to week thirteen. Everything. All submission dates. That means things that we have five more weeks to do are suddenly down to mere three weeks. As for GD, supposedly we have another final assignment after the packaging project, now this is going to be taken in as the final instead.

Quantity of assignments have been cut short. So has the duration.

When the lecturer was announcing this, everybody was shocked. It sucked to think that for the whole semester we only did two assignments for our core subject, GD and also typography. It felt as though they have cheated our money. The lecturer gave us the option of doing a petition if we are not happy with the situation. While I felt breathless over this, I can't stop thinking about my photography final, the one I am most dissatisfied over is him.

When I asked if we could possibly have a refund since our semester is cut short and the amount of assignments we had was not enough, he offered to give us another typo assignment. Hello?! That's so not the point.

Everything is going to finish at the end of October. I can go home then. Aih... I don't know if this is a good news or a really bad one. So many things to do and I still have time for afternoon naps.

*bangs head against wall*

2 comments:

U-Jean said...

Hi Kok Quin,

I'd like to give you a Butterfly Award for being one of the coolest blogs I know. It's ok if you might not want to receive it. I'd just like you to know that I enjoy reading your blog.

Have a nice day =)

Quin said...

whoa, that's certainly one comment to make my day, or rather, make my night.

i'm glad u enjoyed the reads. i like urs too, i wanted so much to comment on the post regarding the controversy of ur haircut, but cudn't find the comment link. dumb, i know. will try harder.