Thursday, November 27, 2008

Of Selling And Dinner

Hah! Finally got an idea on what I will be doing. Three days work in PC Fair selling Canon digital cameras. It's a bit scary going to the briefing on my own but all is well. The people there are pretty nice. They had this little role play session where their staff pretends to be the customer and we will have to persuade him to buy. It's a relief to know we are not expected to know how to sell immediately. Thankfully the guy who was leading my group is nice enough to explain our mistakes.

I can't sell. Never can, never will. All selling genes in the family have gone to my bro. I just hope to get through the fair having sold something on all three days. It will be an excruciating embarrassment to not break the egg.

Darn. The first day of the fair coincides with my mom's bday dinner. She purposely invited everyone from her brothers and sisters to all my cousins. She said maybe I could try asking to work only half day or get permission to leave early. How to ask??? I'll only be working for three days! Might have to miss the dinner. Disappointing for her as well as me. I will have to do something to make up to her then. Something HUGE!!!

Hooked up the computer in my room already! Will be working on some projects of my own. When they are finished, or if they ever get finished, I will, as usual, share it here with you.

Just a little rambling to share before going to bed. Nothing better to do. Bet you're dying for something to read too. Hah....

3 comments:

adri-enne said...

oh dear, an inevitable decision. well, u could just take her out for a dinner. or cook her something. prepare an invitation card with ur skills.

farahrozhan said...

I personally belief you can do just about anything :) - worst case scenario, direct your customer to your group leader! Gooood lucketh!

Quin said...

luckily for me, the fair ends at 9pm. i didn't notice that earlier, tot it's gonna end at ten. anyhow, i will still be able to go for the dinner, though i will be late.