Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shy Goghvinci

I chatted with Adrienne just now and it prompted this post. We were talking about how many people blog nowadays. I told her there were friends from secondary whom I think I only knew better now coz I read their blogs. And she said it's easier to talk to them in real life when you have blogging as a common ground. I couldn't agree more. If you can be funny and really friendly with someone in their blogs, shouldn't really be that hard to talk to them in reality, huh?

She said that she read back some of her posts from her old blog. She concluded that they were too "wordy", the word she used. With a new blog, it would be best to keep it short and simple. Less words, more pictures. More colours too, I should add. But not too much until you get rojak.

This thought came to me and I went back to the blog I used to have on Friendster. Not going to link it here. It's my personal archive. If you're interested, can check it out on my Friendster profile (as if anyone's interested in my old stuff, hah!).

I read through some of the things I wrote. I had that blog from the writing.com period. It was then that my passion for writing was strongest. I'm glad I had a blog from back then. It was dated from three years back. It might be a short time, but there were thoughts then that I have forgotten. Little daily things that happened. My feelings back then. I would love to think my writing style has improved since then. For all I know, it could have deteriorated. Like Adrienne too, I think my blog is also a bit too wordy. But I am a wordy person! I can't express myself in two lines! I need two paragraphs!

Ah! The name of my blog back then was "Thoughts of Shy Goghvinci". I had something against using my own name back then. Right now, I don't care.

Signing off,
Quin.

5 comments:

the homework eating cat said...

it's really interesting to read friend's blog esp those who you dont really speak to or have the chance to speak to. now i've found out that some people like you who love art enough to do graphic design, i've found out one who is gay, i've found out how opinionated some friends (including juniors) are, and i've found out about how some are so unhappy with their lives. it's amazing isn't this thing called a blog. You get them telling you things without you asking, listen to them without them telling you directly, see how they've changed, and see the side of them you dont see. It's amazing..

Quin said...

well said, yu jean. if it wasn't for YOUR blog, i wouldn't know how involved you are with the society. and there i thought you're all about karate. :)

the homework eating cat said...

i guess priorities change and perceptions about life change. i'm still interested in martial arts but not available in campus :P

the homework eating cat said...

u noe what, we're actually not that far. ur in cyberjaya and i'm in bangi. maybe next time go can hang out lah..

Quin said...

i happened to realize that a lot of my friends are in kl also.. wud like to go hang out one day. :)