Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Illustration and TYPO

The little stuff left just before closing sem. Below is something I did for Intermediate Illustration. The topic is Hari Raya and it's supposed to spread the festive spirit. It is done in acrylic, A3 size. I really like acrylic. It's the best of both worlds of oil and poster. It has the thick texture of oil but water soluble. However, the true beauty of the colour can only be seen at the very least with three layers. I'm still very awkward when it comes to fine art. Hopefully will be able to brush up on the skill.



Below is a poster for typography promo. It's the final project. Yep, it's final and yet the lecturer has yet to show any interest either in seeing it or asking us to see him for tutorial. In short, he doesn't care at all about this project. Anyway, to simply finish this semester off, I did this candle holder thing. It might not be very legible, but the four panels actually spell out the word TYPO. The aim is to promote a chosen font.


Last but not least, two more design journals to complete.

4 comments:

kangrui said...

it is just me, or does it have a deepavali feel to it instead of the intended hari raya? is it because of that repeated half leaf-like shape?

Quin said...

hahahhaa~ deepavali!! erh... maybe? aih.. as long as it is finished.

adri-enne said...

If I were to do art, I would major in fine arts. My mom can't understand how I could spend 7 hours lying on the floor doing a painting for Pendidikan Seni.

I like the candle thingy. Liked the shadows and light. And I saw your friend's Beatbox video on facebook. That was amazing.

Quin said...

haih.. i tot her work was amazing as well. i'd love to try my hands at these video editing stuff.. i wanna learn to animate things already!!

i can't do fine arts! i may give off the impression that i know how to paint,but to ask me to this seriously, ur gonna see what kind of an amateur i am. that's why i chose GD! ^v^