Sunday, November 02, 2008

Movie: My Best Friend's Girl



Tadadadada~

Isn't it any wonder how I can still find time to go watch a movie? It's a stupid move but I enjoyed the movie tremendously. It's a chick flick starring Kate Hudson and Dane Cook. I watched it with Tzeyee and it was nice not having to make up excuses as to why we want to watch it. You know, normally when there is such a movie up the first thought would be to go buy the pirated version and keep the RM11 for a blockbuster or something that will do the big screen justice. Either that or you make up excuses why you wanna watch a chick flick, as if liking mushy movies showed you in a bad light or something. Those excuses being "I haven't watched anything light in a long time" or "I need something silly to release stress". Heck, watch it if you like it. You don't have to make up excuses. I am a chick flick lover. Guilty as charged. I'm glad to brush past all that and just watched it with Tzeyee whose only reason for it is that she liked Kate Hudson.

The synopsis of the movie is this: Tank earns some side money by being the rebound guy from hell. Guys who have recently being dumped by their girlfriends payed him to date their girlgriends. After showing those girls a date from hell by the rebound guy from hell, those girls will gratefully turn back to their boyfriends, who seemed to be great after a comparison to Tank. So, when Tank's cousin's profession of love to his girlfriend was blown off, he turned to Tank to make his girlfriend appreciate him more. Is there any need to say that Tank fell for that girl, Alexis? It's all in the chick flick package, cliches and all.

I didn't hold too much hope for this movie. I haven't watch a good romance in a long, long time. The last one I watched was Maid of Honour, and I dare say Best Friend's Girl is better. These two are not really romance flicks, for they are not in the least bit romantic. However, the thing that worked in BFG's favour is the jokes. They are dirty, crude, laugh-out-loud sex jokes. I believe it was this that made all the guys in the cinema laughed. One more thing, I have never encountered such a loud crowd in a cinema. Seriously, everyone laughed so much at this movie.

If you're there to watch Kate Hudson, be ready to be disappointed coz there's not much of her. Though she's the female lead, the story was heaped heavily on Dane Cook, who looked so old and haggard at the beginning (which made me wish that he's not the lead) but once I got used to looking at him, really rather handsome and charming (which made me frantically take back that wish).

However, due to it's sexual language and content, a lot of scenes have been cut. I can't wait to get my hands on a "cheaper" un-cut version. So if you just wanna have a good laugh or you're just into chick flicks, I believe this one is a good choice. But please, don't expect anything romantic.


That done, let's look at my progress so far. Read it only if you wanna be tainted by my negativity. IF you're feeling all bubbly and looking forward to the day, skip it. Don't wanna spoil your day.

Omg~ it is already Nov 2. I'm so sick of all the assignments. To think that I have to keep doing them just makes me feel like puking. It is not easy at all to pull them all through the "Done & Dusted" gate of bliss. I still have some final-and-never-gonna-finish details on the packaging. The more mistakes that crop up just made me feeling like throwing up my hands and scream "You Win!!" and chunkig those stupid laminated card boards into the pile of rubbish that is accumulating at the coner of my room. Plus, I have a newsletter which I have no idea where it's gonna go! It's supposed to be easy. Last but not least, the stupid typography thing. Not hard. At all. I don't know why I'm bitching about it here. Quoting Evelyn: I'm scared but unmotivated. I hate this feeling. However, I'm not exactly scared. Just demotivated. And frustrated. This always happen when the end of sem is near. You want it to end so much and yet, time seemed to just drag. OR maybe it's the pace in which you work that is dragging, but time flies.

Really. I have to stop. I know I am already better off than a lot of people. I'm supposed to have polished it all off my working table now. Just a little bit more. Just a lil' itsy bitsy more. Hang in there!!

No comments: