Tuesday, December 02, 2008

For Mom

This was what I planned to do when I thought I couldn't make it to my mom's dinner. It appears that the time does not clash that much, and I thought this will make a pretty good present for her. I have sort of promised her to do this for a long time. She haven't seen this. Consider yourself lucky to be seeing this first. Haha.. it's just that I was so excited after finishing this portrait that I can't wait to blog about it. It has been ages since I have last touched charcoal. So am feeling pretty good right now.

I did this in four hours. It's my mom and dad. Referenced this from a very old picture. But I loved it coz I thought their smiles were beautiful in this. Did this on canvas. I began this by using pencils but it proved to be a mistake. Pencils and canvasses don't go together. Remember. Finished it with a charcoal stick. Love it.

I thought it looked kinda lopsided. I hope there's a little resemblance there to my parents. Not perfect, could be better, and yet I still love it.


I began by sketching the outlines first.

Then filling the shades in step by step.

The ravages of war! :D

The reference picture!

ps: I missed blogging in the wee hours of morning. Guess what. I still can't sleep early. Not yet.

5 comments:

kangrui said...

Love the sketch, quin! It looks beautiful.

Bet your mom would love it! =)

Quin said...

waahhahahah~~ i'm a suck up like dat..

Jaryn said...

it is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

quin really nice o~

Anonymous said...

kok quin!! i love it=)