Sunday, November 09, 2008

Resolutions?

I have just had the most boring weekend since I came here for the semester. This is unlike all the other weekends when I just lie around doing nothing. Those times doing nothing were precious because I was escaping from doing something. But this time, doing nothing means I have nothing to do. Well, nothing that needs to be rushed anyway.

Just some little ends to trim and then I get to go home. Home! Home is where I can sleep on my own bed, read all my own books, watch ASTRO, have my own personal clean bathroom, hang out with friends in places I am familiar with, go to malls where I know the location of the car parks, know where to find the best food, and best of all, see people I have not seen in three months. All of a sudden three months seemed like such a short time.

Here are some resolutions for the new break! (I know, people have resolutions for the new year, or new semester, but hey, I wanna be productive during breaks as well.)

1. Call people I haven't seen for a long time out: Yueh Yih, Suk Qian, Hooi Hoon and gang, Kee Theng
2. Clean up my room and paint the walls!! I have wanted to do this since last year but lacked the motivation.
3. Clear my wardrobe. I need space for new clothes!
4. Clear the house of all the CNY deco. In another three months and have to put up some ox stuff!
5. Explore traditional art: acrylics, oil, colour pencils, markers, art line pens and plain ol' fav pencils.
6. Explore digital art: Photoshop, Illustrator, open canvas/ corel painter, flash, blog hacks, codes
7. Snap pictures!
8. Get a part time job and earn money for a new laptop! Hopefully..
9. Write a little.

I have been dreading going home a little bit, actually. Going home will also mean losing some of my privacy, losing the peacefulness I have from living alone, losing the freedom to do whatever I want with no explanations needed.

Remember the good! Forget the bad! Life goes on.


ps: oh ya, hopefully not having my pc at my finger tips all the time will not deter me from blogging.

No comments: