Monday, November 03, 2008

Exam Horrors

I had my Design Management Exam today. I figured there's a reason why it's called an exam and not test. Too bad I didn't catch on earlier.

My lecturer sent each and everyone of us an email on topics which will appear in the exam. I checked my email the night before and couldn't care less about the topics listed. I don't care enough to even flip open my journal and read the notes that I have written. Instead, I stayed up till late at night doing I don't know what. Even chatted a little with Choops and discovered how we're both wishing it's going to be an open book test. There was a little part of me that clung to the hope that either it's going to be open book or there's some really easy way for me to look at my notes.

Much to all our horrors, we are asked to place our bags in front of the class, all bags, small, big, pencil cases, even eyeglasses containers! Only a pen is allowed. There were nervous chatters around. Round bewildered eyes swung around, thinking of ways to get out of this predicament. We didn't think this is going to be this serious. I doubt anybody really "Studied" for this. Really, once you're doing design, there's no such thing as "studying".

The test was... erm... let's just say I think it's fair to give me extra marks for creditable effort displayed in filling in all the blanks. Hahahaha... the horrors of exam. I almost forgot. At least it was sort of fun.

No comments: