Saturday, November 15, 2008

Square One

Whoa~ so what have I been doing lately? Cleared on all assignments and presentations! Yay~

Exam seasons are officially over for a lot of people, or almost over for some. Congratulations on the big break, people! As for those who are still striving to make the best of your studies, well, all the best! It's pretty cool seeing all those MSN and Facebook shoutouts screaming things like "Exam's over" or "I'm Freeeeeee". I did the same thing too when the last huge load was off.

Anyway, I have been doing some stuff I have been promising myself in the midst of final projects. All those amazing projects that I am going to undertake on my own. Little steps to be taken to improve my skills in various softwares. Haha.. it seemed so much promising when I was weighed down by school work. Now that I have all the time in the world, I find myself dragging my feet.

I did try out some blog hacks though. There was this tutorial I was dying to get my hands on. I tried it out, but it didn't work. It was kind of disapointing. But come to think of it, it might be because I didn't host my images properly. Yay!! I know what image hosting is now! Do you? You don't? Why don't I tell you?? (even if you do, let's just pretend you don't for my own pleasure)

You know how there are all these different blog designs? Apparently, if you're customizing your own designs, there are some things where you have to touch on HTML codes. And some of the images that you're going to use on the design like maybe buttons or banners have to be hosted on a site somewhere. Hosted means uploaded onto a site and keep it there. And when it comes o your images appearing in your design, the codings will work in such a way that it will retrieve those images from your host. I used Photobucket. Pretty good, I would say, coz for someone like me who knows nothing about image hosting I managed to find my way around pretty fast.

You see the new image header up there? What do you think? I hope you like it but it doesn't really matter coz I'm gonna be reconstructing the design around this place pretty soon. So the header up there is experimental and temporary. I don't really know how to design my blog template. Okay, so I know zilch. But I'll be trying to make the best out of this situation. Instead of coming up with a whole new template from scratch, not possible at this point, I thought maybe I can change the stuff around bit by bit. I start with the header, go for the side bars, figure out how to put in my own background and maybe make some buttons for links. That's the extend of my knowledge now.

I'll be waiting to go home on Monday. Before that, have to clear up the mess in my room. Haih... will get to it when I wake up later.

2 comments:

Lim Yueh Yih said...

hmm...download template which has a layout which is similar to urs. (don worry bout the designs, jz the layout)...
it'll be in css, use Dreamweaver, mess around with it for half hour then say thanks to me hahahah~

Quin said...

i don't know how to use dream weaver. as for template, i'll be using the one i'm using now. so, no thanks to you?