Saturday, March 21, 2009

An All Nighter That Crashed

There are sixteen colour studies to be done. I have only gone through half of them. Is it just me or does my work seemed bland?

This brings back memories of staying up till seven or eight in the morning, trying to rush some last minute works to the print shop. That stage has yet to arrive this sem; I am slowly but surely training my body to kick into that mode. There is just this satisfaction of staying up till the wee hours of morning doing the things you love. And you're doing it for a living. This will be my career. Anytime I feel like shoving my works down the toilet, I shall remind myself of this.

There are really not that much work to do, they just seemed overwhelming in quantity. Colour studies, typo journals with unending labellings, cutting and pasting, tissue box edits, Toyota Yaris ad sketches and worst of all, a whole packaging concept that I have yet to give any real thoughts.

The thought of mounting works excites me. The reality of facing them made me want to puke.

Tomorrow I will have a post to show my progress. Yes I will. Just so you see.

No comments: