Sunday, March 01, 2009

Flower Power in the Details

So, we went to Butterfly Park, Hibiscus and Orchid Park plus the National Museum. This little trip that took us all day from eight in the morning till five in the evening, was actually to capture pictures that has organic/geometry shapes. We managed to go to only half of the places on the list. I'm not so sure I'd like to go back to the same area again and take pictures of about the same things.

Nevertheless, these are some of the pics I took that I'd really like to share.

Those brown little things were ants.

Amazing, isn't it, the colours flowers come in?

This was somewhere in Hibiscus park. It was a shaded area where people can just rest and look at the surrounding flowers. The place was a little unkempt, but I thought it added to the fantasy-dreamy feel there. If you were to be there, you might think it's just some run down spot in the park.

Messy, unkempt, yes. But I thought the place looked pretty.


A wounded butterfly. Amazing colours, though.





I felt pretty good about the pictures I took of the flowers and plants. Don't know how I am going to apply into the journal, though.
We went to the National Museum to get pictures of geometry objects. Seeing that I have nothing worthy to show of that place, bet you're able to conclude on your own how interesting I find that place.

7 comments:

neilwasabi said...

Nice pics! Seeing u taking so many nice photo made me feel bad coz my SLR is currently resting peacefully in my cupboard...... since so many months ago......

The wounded butterfly is awesome. Wonder why, but I like that most!

Quin said...

when i went there and saw so many butterflies but my lenses cannot catch them at all, i regretted not borrowing ur zoom lense. u got one, right?

seeing u illustrate so much made me feel bad too coz it has been ages since i last drew something.. so..

adri-enne said...

I think your photography skill improved. These are beautiful I don't really have a favourite. (The 1st pic up close is really remarkable if the details can be seen; and the boulevard/columns looked really good. looked magical and dreamy)

Sigh I am jealous! Can I quit and do art now?

Quin said...

u don't have to quit ur career. u just have to find a little time to indulge in art. u can do art anytime u want minus the pressure.

neilwasabi said...

Yup, I got one. But barely use it since my course only do draw and paint. T.T

Must get a chance to use it!

Mm...... I actually feel so envy to see those packaging stuff u guys did. Haha, wat i did were something untouchable while yours one are more realistic and able to be touched and play. Haha!

kangrui said...

gah!

did i mentioned that i recently want a DSLR real bad? having had my hands on one which belongs to a friend, i just feel like digital cameras are not the same again...

Quin said...

did i mention recently that i want a mac book real bad?