Tuesday, March 10, 2009

939

9 has always been a number I love to hate but hate to love. I like nine, because it is just one short of a perfect ten. Flawed. Almost perfect, which is a good thing, coz, come on, perfect's boring!

Yeh, I am offically twenty two years, three hours and 5 minutes old. 22:03:05 Dank. 22 is really a far cry from being 21. It's like two different worlds. When you're 21, it's all shiny and new coz you have finally, entered adulthood. And when 22 comes, the novelty has rightfully wore off, and all that lies in front is this long stretch into the twenties.

I am being a little of a pessimist, huh?

I had a great pre - during - and - post birthday~ thank you so much to everyone who has messaged me through phone, gave me phonecalls, and also all the birthday wishes on Facebook. Pretty awesome getting those notifications of people writing on my wall. For just a moment there, a whole bunch of friends, have given me a thought. Nothing could be better than this (besides a macbook, that is). And a special thank you to Chia Li, for dedicating a post especially for me~ wee~~~ first dedicated post.

I was determined to stay happy on my birthday. Come to think of it, it was my first birthday spent away from home. I didn't get terribly home sicked, thanks to the company of people around me. But I still loved getting those mushy phone calls from my nieces and nephew.

A lot of stuff has happened to make this day into something great. Seeing Kelly again after so many months. She thought she got me the DVD I listed in things I want for birthday, but it was actually the sequel. Nevermind that though, I have wanted to watch Part 2 after the first one. But to think that she actually remembered and cared enough to go look for it, therein lies the priceless gift. And Tze Yee, you know very well what you have done to make this birthday especially memorable for me. Enough face given. Enough said. Thank you girls, it was a great day out and I had fun.

=D

ps: i got a very chocolatey birthday cake~ though it was supremely delicious, may i hope for a tub of ice cream next year?? with candles on it? and my mac book!! don't think i'm giving up on it just yet!!

2 comments:

farahrozhan said...

QUIN HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Quin said...

farah~ thank you!!!