Sunday, September 28, 2008

Those Days When I Once Studied

I have just finished this TVB drama series: 尖子攻略 starring Bobby Au Yeung. Hahaha.. the drama was very funny and touching. The whole drama concentrated on getting three talented football players to achieve good academic results as well. I think their standard is equivalent to that of SPM. The thing I liked best about this drama is how it brings back all those memories of how I studied for exams last time.

Ah... the good old days. Being a student in graphic design now, the least of my worries is studying notes and memorising facts. All I have to be worried are on screen execution and quality of finishing. The last time I really studied for anything was in STPM.

There were times when I looked at the way Hooi Fong and Evelyn studied that I envied them. They are still getting together to study and motivating each other. They still have text books and the opportunity to study boring subjects like TITAS, a reminiscent of Sejarah. Many people have told me how they would like to relive secondary school years. I never shared their sentiment. But if you would to ask me now what is the thing I missed the most about those times, I would say the preparations for exams.

I remembered staying up late to study Biology. During SPM, I studied last minute for all my science subjects. At that time, I had a bottle of cold chocolate milk to keep myself from falling asleep. After all that, Hui Jing actually told me drinking milk will instead put me to sleep. What the...

Ah... I miss group studies. I miss shooting questions at one another from the Sejarah book and guessing at which part of the subject will come out during exams.

Evelyn once asked me if I missed Math. I do. So much. Math is like a complicated person that I have figured out a long time ago and was proud of the knowledge. But after merely two years, I now look at Math and struggle to remember the most basic of things. What is Theorem Phytagoras again? I cannot a remember a single sin, tan or cos equation. I cannot recall! I feel so inadequate now to be thinking about Math. I really want to pick it up again just for fun. I want to solve Math equations just like how people solve Sudoku for fun.

When I think about studying, I only think back to when I was in Form Five. The truth is, I doubt I truly studied in Form Six.

Ah, the joys of studying. I miss it so much. Text books, science note books, sheets of lined paper, liquid paper and ink stained fingers.

5 comments:

adri-enne said...

you were so superb in maths. I like math more when we were dealing with numbers and values. math for me now has a lot of diffentials and unknowns. *vomits*

on the contrary - i missed those pendidikan seni assignments. A title, my poster colour and brushes. and an empty art block.

Quin said...

this is what made it worse. knowing i was once so good.

kangrui said...

u people were all really good in maths..

i happen to really dislike maths.. urgh~

Quin said...

econs have no maths in it, then? unbelievable..

kangrui said...

there are maths in econs.. but not too much.. and they are usually simple ones..

and im avoiding those with maths.. urgh~