Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Real Thing

To finally hold the output after weeks of dreaming, drawing and executing. It was satisfying. I like it.

This is how much I have spent for this crazy project:
Paper buying Round 1 : RM30
Taxi : RM5
Paper buying Round 2 : RM20
Petrol : RM20
Colour printing : RM70
Black and white printing : RM48
Perfect binding : RM40
Hot Stamping : RM8
Gift for the book (not used) : RM15
Taxi : RM23
A whopping total of RM279!!

Is it worth it? I don't know. I have spent too much and some times unneccessarily. (sorry mom, I know how hard it is for you to earn money)

Hehe.. presenting the FIRST book I have ever designed. I believe the same opportunity will present itself in the future.

Enjoy!


The packaging for the book. I have chosen purple and black SKIN paper to make the box to give it a touch of elegance (not very effective here if you ask me.) And I suck in tying ribbons.

A cutout of the logo and a motif using black sticker. Trying to achieve the UV spot effect.

Some people say the unpacking experience is a very important process. I take that opinion seriously here.


The colour printing quality is good. And expensive.

I printed the frame on transparency. So the reader can admire the illustration without any hinders.




See my face??!!


That's it! Conceptual Book project finished! Done and dusted!!

No comments: