Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Room That Was

Eight years worth of earthly possessions all packed into boxes, stacked on top of each other or stuffed into plastic bags. All my comics and novels, hundreds and hundreds of books, gone. Poof. Manually shipped to the new place.


All these years, I didn't want to throw away any thing from either my schooling days or childhood. This time around, it was different. I no longer reminisce when I see those notepads, text books and old toys. I only thought, rubbish. I thought I could let them go easily. My heartstrings tugged as I stacked up all my jigsaw puzzles. Gifts from my dad and mom. But I've really outgrown them and have no use nor space for them at all. So I kept two completed ones, Sailormoon and Slam Dunk, thus, tata to the rest.


The mess! The horrific mess! I hated packing. So many things. So few boxes. I never thought I hated the feeling of an empty room more after all packing's done.

I have lived in this room for eight years. It tore my heart to see it so devoid of all the material things that made it my room. I know I will have a new room with all my stuff in there. But it's different. Though my things will still all be there, it'll no longer be this room.

I will be living in this condition for two weeks, before the real moving in date, which is gonna be 1 Feb. Looking at this, it reminds me of another similar looking memory.

Umph...

2 comments:

gniting said...

welcome us 2 yr new house again
:P

Quin said...

if u got come to pg, why not? heee~