Friday, January 01, 2010

Commit365

HAPPY 2010!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

The new year marks a clean slate, new beginnings, new challenges and of course, new resolutions. I am now officially announcing my only resolution for the new year: COMMITMENT.

http://commit365.tumblr.com/

I hereby commit myself to creating a design a day for the whole of 2010. Check out this Smashing Magazine article for details.

This is going to be hard, but at last, I have done something to truly force myself to do all those things I have always promised, but never did. There is this list of things I have with tasks like do photoshop tutorials, practice sketching, experiment with photography etc but I never really successfully cross out any. As a result, most of my breaks have gone up in smoke, completely wasted doing nothing.

I stumbled across Segi-empat's blog and volunteered myself to the project. I want in too. It will be cool knowing you have a friend doing the same thing. This acts as both motivation and a dose of healthy competition. (edit 3 Jan: Segi-empat's space for the project)

I have tonnes of design friends out there. If you're one reading this post, I wonder if you're willing to do this together with me? It will be great practice, a giant of a challenge, and most important of all, finally putting motion to all your talk (well, for me, at least). Come come, let's do this together-gether!


A year-long project. I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

6 comments:

adrienne said...

Lol you can designate some days for yourself to rest - and some days to have two or more designs. Hahahah. I've got no guts to commit myself to something like that.

All the best then, KQ. I'll be home to inspire you if you need me. Hah as if!

Quin said...

=D 8 more days to finally seeing you!!! hopefully i'll still be doing this when i see you.

what am i talking about?? OF COURSE i'll still be doing this!!

schizo said...

alright!! i don't have to think twice to do this. i really have to DO something to get my rusty brain to start working again!

Segi Empat said...

Die! I haven't start yet. Tonight tonight!

Segi Empat said...

Oh yeah, can change the link to http://daily.notjustasquare.net? I'll be putting up my designs up there. Thanks

Quin said...

schizo: all rigthie!! way to go!! let's do it!

segi empat: tonight it is!!