Thursday, January 07, 2010

Brand New Look... or not.

There. The new design/layout for the blog.

When I started, I intended the design to be in black and white minimalistic so that focus can be put on the content instead. I came up with something like the one below:


However, the whole thing didn't feel right for these reasons:
1. It no longer reflect the title of the blog, which is 'Pencil do the Thinking'.
2. It looks clean, neat, and boringly empty. It's like I'm trying to be something I'm not.

So, I changed it to the current design. I know s*** about HTML but that shouldn't deter me from making the best out of what I know. That was looking for the simplest template on the web and modify it to my own direction.

The header could look better. I can't even see what all the doodling was about. The only thing I totally love about this new design is the twitter bird. So FAT and ROUND.

Anyway, I wanted to put this up first. I will modify the header, or maybe just change a brand new one. Now, I no longer have the freedom to give empty promises. I have commit365 to ensure I will at least have a little time a day to do something about it.

Wookay~ blog's back up for business! (if you're reading, duh.... click on my nuffnang ad please!!)

ps: *slap self* stop commercializing this space!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked LOL

Nice new blog design, by the way :D

gniting said...

nice!!haha..
updated yr new heels at tis blog..
:)

Quin said...

wee~ nora! clicked LOL?

Anonymous said...

As in I clicked your Nuffnang ad, not LOL

LOL :P

Quin said...

oh. reception slow today. hee~ thanks!!

ADORA CHLOE said...

looks nice and clean =)
i am yet to revamp my blog kekeke..