Friday, January 08, 2010

commit365: Week1

For the purpose of this project, I have registered for a tumblr account where all my designs can rest in one place. Tumblr's interface is very clean and straightforward. Before I could get used to how simple everything was compared to blogger, I was stumped. Where do I make eidts, how do I delete posts, how do I allow people to comment? Anyways, triviality aside, it has been one week since I started the project and am still going strong!

I started the year with the digital imaging below. Since I was in Singapore on the first day, I did this before hand. What could be better than to welcome in the new year with a joyful jumping shot of two of my best friends?



I got back from Singapore on the second day and quickly uploaded this typography sketch. Hooi Fong's favourite quote. Live by it this year!



When I was in Hong Kong, I intended to make a panorama of the views since my lens wasn't wide enough for this. I admit I did this just to pass the third day.



My first attempt in submitting for Illustration Friday based on the theme 'renewal'. I realised I have only ever like sketching and inking, but when it comes to colouring, I became too lazy to perfect it.



Typography done in Illustrator. It was great to realise all the possibilities that can be done with this software. Not just tracing.



Guilty as charged. I was lazy. Hah.



I did this design up pronto. Am far from satisfied, but hopefully will be able to rectify this in the near future.


I will be doing only illustrations for week 2 of commit365. Wish me luck. It was a good run so far. Only 51 more weeks to go!

No comments: