Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Movie: The Ugly Truth

Is it me, or am I talking a little too much about irony these days? I had these two FREE movie passes to the screening of "The Ugly Truth". The movie was good, but I have a feeling a major factor of it being good was due to the crowd in the cinema. Anyway, prior to the movie, I had dinner with Chia Yinn at Bubba Gump. It cost a freakin' bomb and far.. far.. far.. from being satisfying. There. The irony of the night.

And oh, since we spent so much on dinner itself and stuffed ourselves full on shrimps and nachos, I could only stare with longing at the pictures of desserts in the menu. I don't care.. will go back there for the dessert, if not the food.

Anyway, the main reason for this post: THE UGLY TRUTH

I was oh-so-fortunate to be blessed upon by Mr-busy-busy-but-still-got-time-to-win-tonnes-of-radio-contests-who-is-also-a-blogger. Thus two free passes to the movie.

I have wanted to watch this movie since I saw the trailer. Main reason: Gerald Butler (like, duh, hello?!). So utterly mesmerizing in Phantom of the Opera and incredibly charming though sounded kinda funny with the fake Irish accent (or was it real?) on P.S: I Love You. He looked pretty good with Katherine Heigl on screen. The trailer was just sizzling with the chemistry between these two.




I like the second poster. Goes to show how women rationalize love with the brain while to men, love is all about going down south.

The movie, was in truth, a disappointment. Take away the great crowd from the cinema, take away the willingness to simply enjoy the flick and put in those expectations from earlier, the movie was nothing to shout about. I can go into how I find Katherine Heigl's acting was a little too forced, how the jokes were not really that funny, and how this supposedly romantic chick flick was not romantic at all. But then again, what for?

I am not saying that the movie was a total flop. It did have its moments. The chemistry between the two leads, a delectable eye-candy who is destined to never get the girl, plus some sweet moments that though did not make the movie, but were good enough that they were there. Oh, and don't forget the fact that I laughed non-stop. The movie was only a disappointment in the romantic sappy sense.

Anyhow, it was a great night out. It was my first time seeing so many bloggers gathered at the same spot. My first time sitting in a couple seat (albeit with CY; her first time too, mind you, albeit with me). The first time I have seen CY ever since she dropped me off at my place when I first got into Damansara eons ago.

Ah... if only I could end the night with hot chocolate pudding with melted center served with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel. Yum~

No comments: