Saturday, August 01, 2009

Along The Way...

I was walking home from work with heaviest heart. Lonely Friday nights.. you get the picture.

What made it worse was a call from mom. The whole family has gone out for a celebration dinner for her retirement. People complimented her on her beautiful and professional looking farewell message. I SO wanna go home...

There's this path by the side of the road, which is also along side some of the houses at the place I stay. I walk by on this path everyday, to and fro from work. Some of the mornings, there will be this aunty who came out of her house to clean up around the area by the path. This evening, I saw her again. She has this HUGE dalmatian for company. She looked at me in recognition, and nodded at me.

Just yesterday, as I walked by the path, I noticed there's this boy who was playing with his maid in the garden. They made pistols out of cloth pins. As I walked past them, I heard the boy ask his maid, "Why is there a lady over there?" And this evening, as I walked past his house again, he was just standing there with his maid, looking at me. He smiled and asked rather loudly, "See for what?" Finding it kinda funny, I smiled back and asked him back the same question.

At my place, I noticed there's this house at the corner, couple of doors down, which has this HUGE white hairy dog. It's tied with a leash to the grill. The compound looked really clean. I guess that's the reason why its fur is still so white, I guess. Standing at my gate, I jingled my keys and got the dog to look at my direction. It has this shaggy hair that covered its eyes. Really looking like some fictional dog from a storybook. Huge, white and hairy.

I like walking to and from work. Ah...... I get my entertainment wherever I can.

No comments: