Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rhythm of the Rain

It was a beautiful morning that started out wrong.

I was supposed to go for a walk/jog with my colleagues one fine morning in this park somewhere near/in Bukit Kiara. Since I don't drive here, I really don't bother about road/location names. Lianne picked me up from my place at about 9 am. We are supposed to meet up with Mike at the park at 9.30 am. We were there at about 9.20. It was only when we didn't see Mike at all when he called to say he has reached that we knew we were at the wrong park.

Off we went, trying to find our way to the park. The correct park was just NEXT to the one we were at! Anyway, suffice to say we managed to begin walking at 11 am.

The first stretch that led into the park was kinda steep. In fact, it was the hardest part of the whole trail. I couldn't talk from the beginning, I needed all my breath to keep my momentum going. When we entered from the real starting point, there were this words painted on the ground "THIS WAY TO BETTER HEALTH". How apt.

From there onwards, the walk was easier. I could talk and have conversations going back and forth. But the best, has yet to happen.

Half way through it all, a drizzle of rain fell. It was just this really light soft curtain of rain falling from the sky. You couldn't even feel it. Mike said from the beginning that we have to continue walking even though it's going to rain. I didn't tell him walking in the rain has been something I wanted to do for a very long time, but just couldn't find the opportunity.

So, we moved onwards, going another round of the park. There was no one else saved the three of us, nature and beautiful rain. At this point, it really began to pour. It was like walking and having a shower head aimed at you all the time.

Peaceful atmosphere that was pierced occasionally with Mike's joking, trees, clean clear air, pouring rain and mist rising from the ground. Ah... plus both Mike's and Lianne's singing. Not the best there is out there, but an experience nonetheless.

The irony of it all was, if Lianne and I didn't get lost trying to find our way to the park, we wouldn't have experienced the rain. All the frustration and foolishness that we felt, actually resulted into something really good. Life is beautiful like that.

8 comments:

1PluS1=2 said...

U walked under the rain!!! niceeE!! it has been something i wanted to do too!! ish..

Quin said...

let's watch the weather report and at the first sign of rain, let's run out to the streets!

siao... a bunch of crazy girls. haha!

neilwasabi said...

How romantic...... Somehow, in the same morning as you did the walking, I was as well walking in the rain in Desa. Pitifully, rain in Desa was just way too heavy and of course made me wet like hell. You praised the rain, I cursed the rain. My breakfast was... how to say, demolished on the way from car park to block A. My pasta which I bought from some market ended up like a pack of creamy soup...... And my housemates all laughed the shit out of them. (TwT)

Different people different destiny...... Haiz......

Quin said...

omg nigel... hahaha~ i really dunno what to say. at least u got a good laugh out of it?

oliviasy said...

if i walk in the rain, hv to pop vit c to prevent falling sick lol

neilwasabi said...

yeah, a good laugh from few of my friends.

Quin said...

oli, there's no way you can get sick from this, u know why? coz walking on the trail itself makes u sweat, and u won't catch a cold at the same time. at least this is what i think.

kangrui said...

HAHA!

nice experience there. the last time i was drenched was when i was back in vietnam, riding on a bike. it was pouring so hard, i was thinking, 'wow, i didnt know rain drops can be so painful'. it is an amazing sight, seeing everyone running for a place to hide from the rain, the motorbikes zooming by and water being splashed around. it sure felt good, the water was cooling and the quietness that followed the drop of the rain.

good times. =)

btw, its raining here now at this very moment as well. ahh, rain, the sound, the smell. i heart.