Monday, August 17, 2009

Like, the BEST Ever!

It rained in the afternoon. I was hoping that the sky would pour away, so that it would be clear at night for the concert. On the day itself, Sunday, went over to Kelly's place to put our stuff. It was great seeing her for the first time in ages! The plan was to go for lunch with some friends, head early to the entrance to get a good position then back to Kelly's place for a stayover. Overall, everything worked out incredibly well.

We were at the Sunway Lagoon entrance at about 5.30 p.m. I even told Anonymous, come on, don't be silly. Why wait for so long, when the concert was only going to start at 8p.m.? Thanks to his/her perseverance on not leaving the spot, we managed to be at the front of the pack.

Look at the picture below. The line was already beginning to get long even before six.



Due to reasons of his/her own, Anonymous barred me from mentioning his/her presence at the concert. For those of you who knew whom he/she was, please refrained from saying out loud. Buhaha~ Anonymous with his/her ticket.



One thing that truly surprised us was how punctual the audiences were. It was the first concert that I have been to that started right on time, at 8p.m. Look at the crowd. So full even before time.


Myself and Anonymous. Hehe~ With the dumb caricature covering Anonymous' face, for once someone looked stupider than I did.



Lucky for us, we managed to secure this bump on the floor to stand on. Gave us the extra two inches to see Eason better!



The ticket we bought was RM298. But I bought it on the day of the autograph session, so I got 10% off. An awesome deal of RM 270 and we were only several feet away from the stage! I was so happy when I saw the short distance. Immediately, I wanted to stand by the grill, directly below the stage. But Anonymous beckoned me to the back, saying we could get a better view of the overall performance than we could so near the stage. At that time, it seemed like a fine idea. But by the end of the concert, I sorta regretted not standing at the front. The back was alright, but it would have been grand to feel what standing in the first row was like.



Waited until the sun set...



When we were at the entrance, we saw this banner that said there's an even more expensive ticket, VVIP, selling at RM398. At that moment, we thought to ourselves, if we knew, we would have considered buying the more expensive one to get a better view.

Check out the picture below. This is the distance between RM298 and RM198.



Since the ticket we bought was already right in front, where the heck could the VVIPs be seated? Apparently, there's this stand that surrounded the Surf Beach. VVIPs were seated there, to get a higher view on the concert as well as being served food. Dank! Luckily we didn't get the VVIP tickets. What's the whole point of going to a concert if you're gonna sit so darn far away, chewing on fried chicken, and losing the freedom to move around??

.

This was the huge distance between RM298 and RM398.

Just let me say this: THIS WAS THE BEST EASON'S CONCERT EVER!!!!

All tickets are Rock Zone area, except for the VVIPs. Therefore, the sole purpose of the whole freakin' concert is to rock the night away!

During Stage 9, the last concert in KL last year, he did several fast numbers while showing off his dance moves. It was apparent then that he didn't have the stamina to dance and sing back-to-back at the same time. Even till now, I remembered him panting into his microphone. But after a whole year of tours around the world, he seemed to have built up a strong stamina as well as smoother dance moves. It was exhilarating seeing him so near! SO NEAR! I saw every moves and his every expressions, LIVE! For once, I didn't have to rely on those big screens at the side to see what's happening on the stage!

Another factor that contributed to the atmosphere was us, standing amidst some local Eason fan club members. Those people really knew how to enjoy themselves. They knew the lyrics to every song and were not afraid to move to the music. Standing among them, it pushed the excitement to a whole new level. I especially loved, loved, the dance medley. It was a medley of all his fast tracks, including my fav fast track, 'Live Concert Gig', as well as a compilation of other fast classics by veterans like Leslie Cheung, Alan Tam, etc. I have heard of those medley before, though I didn't know the lyrics, that didn't stop me from singing gibberish at the top of my lungs!

I was expecting more costumes this time around. In reality, there was only one costume that he wore, and it was this polka dot shirt right at the beginning. From then on towards the end, it was just T-shirts and track pants. Forget about all those frills. Eason is one singer that if he were to just stand alone on the stage with only a mic, I would have still pay so much to see him.

It was a night of pure Eason Chan. With his great canto classics, several Mandarin songs that I had no idea what they were doing in the line up, some new songs from his H3M album that I loved, Eason's usual hilarious banter with the crowd and the crowd's pure undulated love for everything Eason Chan.

The night would have been perfect if only I brought my SLR. I didn't. The last time I did, the camera was rendered useless by the distance and poor lighting. This last picture was the best I could do with my cheap-a** camera phone.



Eason Chan's Moving On Stage 26. Seriously the BEST ever.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

Do I know the Anon? Lol.

Babbles said...

kok quin!! u're so funny!!!! hahaha
reading ur blog was entertaining!!
seeing u do stupid pose! hahaha

Quin said...

judy hong!! apa stupid pose?? glad i entertained u tho, hahaha....