Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Real Ad to Fake Ad

Haven't update the blog in a while. I have done so much in the span that I don't know where to start! (yea rite~)

Here, have a lookie. This is an assignment for illustration class. Take an ad from any magazine, change the layout or maybe just draw a whole new ad. The illustrations are done with acrylic, A4 size. The type and logo are added in digitally. On the left will be the original ad while the one on the right is my work.










My personal favourite is the Digi one. It took me five freaking hours to get the background right. God knows what I was doing. My fav ad though, was the DKNY one. But I think I spoiled the classy bottle. I have no idea how to save it.

I have still a lot to do. But so far things are under control.

To those of you in local unis, it's study week!!! Wee~ have fun!

8 comments:

adri-enne said...

Personally, I like the DKNY ad most but when I enlarged it, I realised you painted it. Did you? It looked painted. I was expecting a clean crisp finish but I like it still.

The Digi one is really creative.

Good job, Kok Quin!

adri-enne said...

Bah, silly me. Read the top bit too fast and missed the part which says: illustration assignment.

I've always wanted to try painting with acrylic. I'm still stuck with poster paint, crayons and pencil. Sigh. I was just reminiscing our primary school days when those media were all that was available and we could battle our art on the same turf. Good times ain't it?

Quin said...

thank you adrienne. i really really like acrylic, but i have yet utilise it to its full potential. the way i paint is actually to camouflage the fact that i can't paint. understand?

i tried thinking back to those days and i realize, i really don't like colouring then. do i?

Le+t said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mie said...

hey, i like the digi's ad the most... its very creative...

kangrui said...

i like the DKNY one the most! though i do kinda agree that the bottle kinda loses its classy-ness after the city landscape was drawn in it. pretty creative tho, putting the city in it.

being a levi's fan, i dont think the levi's one showed much, well, curves. thinking back, most of their levi's women ad will always have the gurl standing sideways, showing off their bootylicious curves. jeans have always been about the booty and especially that this one is about curves, i think u didnt fully showcase that in the ad that u made.

always nice to see ur work! always a fan and will always be one! =)

Quin said...

thank you jamie~

as for rui, thank you too for the comments. the bottle for the dkny didn't come out as i hoped it would be. i messed it up when i didn't know how to do the reflection on the bottle. as for levi's, well, suffice to say it's my least favourite too. but the grungy b/g cool wat.... haha... ok. so NOT the point.

Thank you, fellow human beings for all the comments here!

scoobz said...

I too liked the DKNY best. I think the city landscape was drawn a bit too close-up. Perhaps if the city looked as if in the distance with slightly blurred edges, it'd give a dream sort of feel to it.