Wednesday, April 15, 2009

H3M

I have been cooped up in my room for the past three days. Serious! No human contact. The first thing I do every time I wake up was to on the computer and sat in front of it from afternoon till morning the next day. I love to say I was working. But. Hah. You know.

Anyway, desperately in need of getting out of my room, and wanting to get away from my lovely desktop, I went out to IOI mall. Do you know how many weekends it has been when I said I am going to get Eason Chan's new album and was deterred again and again? Gazillions!! It felt like it anyway..

I was at IOI. After dinner and walking aimlessly about by myself, I went into Speedy. Just to check. I went to two other shops previously and they all didn't have the album yet. WAAA!! I saw IT sitting without a care in the world on the rack. As if IT was just waiting for my arrival. I took IT in my hands. IT was real.

Apparently, there are two versions, imported and local. Local is cheaper by three bucks. Dank the auntie working there, she told there were coupons in the local album giving away free tickets to his autograph or music concert session in Malaysia. But a lot of people said the imported album had better sound quality. I asked if the imported album will have the coupons. She said yes~ Stupid me who doesn't even know a stitch about music went on and bought the imported album. Inside APA PUN TAK DA!! Aiya..... tzeyee!!! You go buy the local album la... inside got two coupons wan, then we can go together, yes?!

I listened to his whole album already. I fell for a couple of his songs, but needed time to fully absorb the rest of the album, especially the last few. Anyway, about the album design, haih... Eason Chan's album designs always failed to impress me. I liked his previous album's design which centered on illustrations. This time around, it was his signature B/W again. According to him, a lot of the budget was allocated for song production, so budget for things like design and promotion have to be cut. As a fan, I salute his passion and dedication to his work. As a designer, it's a bit sad that design was deemed as less important. But it was true. Songs must come first!


See my iTunes behind? Am ripping the CD already!

This is the center spread. I know. It's really just black like that. My photography lect would have called it under exposed.

Waaa~ look at him. So yeng~

This is the inside when you open up the digipak. A simple but stylish group photo.

Oh, I absolutely adore his fake mustache! Don't you think it's just SO Eason Chan? And his hair!



ps: it's 5.49am, i have a power point presentation that i need to put together for my group later in the day.. i still do not have any idea what we're supposed to present. u think it's ok if i sleep first and think later? yes? okay, if anything happens i'll say it's you.

3 comments:

adri-enne said...

I chose sleep over doing my work yesterday. I'm suffering now.

Quin said...

=) welcome to the club!

Tzeyee said...

For me the design is good.