Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Love Notes on the 9th

I am twenty-three this year. Oh my God... sounds so old. My aspirations? Live my twenties to the brim!! I have seven more years to fill with great adventures before I hit thirty. Seven years that I intend to fill with love, passion, hard work, perspiration, blood, tears, and laughter. In short, living my life as honestly splendid as I can. (not that there's no more life in thirties, but i'll leave that part to when i actually get there)

The following are little love notes I got on Facebook that just made me smile endlessly. Little notes that really, just made my day. Last year, I got similar birthday greetings on my wall. What I did was just quickly read through everything and post one thank you note in my update, addressing everyone who wished me 'happy birthday'. Wishes on my wall bored me then.

But this year, I do not know what filled me with sudden gratitude for everyone that actually took half a minute off their routine, just to send me a little note. Some of these are short customary greetings, while others are heartfelt. By replying every single one of them personally, there was this short moment when I get to relive memories I have with that person. I'll remember who they are, in which period of my life have I met them, and what was the most memorable thing about them. I think I am really getting old. Haha...

wacky people with wacky notes =)


heartfelt notes from people who know me all my life


ex-colleagues that still remember me


strangers in my life that cared, even for that small moment


Nothing is different. A birthday is just another day spent pampering myself, allowing myself to binge and making extra valid excuses not to do work.

Thank you 41, Shiau Fong, Ting Ting, Stella and Jet for spending the whole day with me. Thank you for the company, the food, the present, the cake, and the everything. Really. Thank you. =)

No comments: