Thursday, August 05, 2010

Mid Year Recap

Today is already August. A bit off the mark for this mid-year recap thing. I've never apologized for putting off posts and I will not start now. I'd like to think in this blog, I answer to no one but myself.

Damn it's August already. First week of Semester 8 aka last semester has already started. I put off going back for a week because I promised Hooi Fong that I'll play the photographer in her convocation. Apparently skipping first week is no big loss due to LUCT's infamous inefficiency. I won't complain about it now for this predictability actually played in my favour this time around.

What have I done for the first half of twenty ten? Eve once asked me what my plans are for 2011, if I will be free to travel. I answered her, "I don't know what's going to happen in 2011, but I know 2010 is going to be a blast." So far, things have been going fairly well.

Friendship
I am beginning to lose friends I keep close at heart. It seemed funny how when we all graduated from secondary school and were scattered all across the nation and world, we put so much effort in maintaining our relationships. It seemed as if we were trying to proof that friendships last long distance. And we succeed for three or four years. There were emails, msn chats, Facebook updates, blog posts and comments. When everyone's back in home town, we can't wait to get together and just spend time together.

Now we've all approached another milestone: graduation; and the real threat is only now forthcoming: work. Only this time around, we couldn't care too much/less about secondary school friends. There's a new lifestyle to adapt to. Bosses to impress. Friendships that are sustained so far, are slowly neglected.

Why?

Family
There's a new addition to the family, Caryn! Niece #4. There's nothing like seeing kids growing up which makes me feel old.

Academics
Like I said, final semester is here. For the first time in the four years in LUCT, this is the first time I am looking forward to going back. There are so many things I want to do! Plus, this is also the first time I have awesome housemates waiting for me back in #16. I want to make our silly laughs last through this last four months together.

Design wise, I have a better idea formed in my head about the direction I need to be taking. This will be the last half a year for me to prove myself. There's a healthy amount of fear to keep me humble, but also brilliant shots of giddiness to bolster my confidence.

I wanna do good. Really good.

Love
Bah, what love? Though nothing exciting has happened to me, personally, lovey-dovey wise, I have bear witness to 'situations' happening to friends and people around me. It was interesting being in on all the stories, and I look forward to more drama unfolding.

And oh yeah, on a personal level, I am keeping count and it does feels just like yesterday. I can't help but do this to myself.

Personal Achievements
I CLIMBED THE HIGHEST PEAK IN MALAYSIA!!!!!!

Right. That's all. Hah.

Cheers peeps!! This here, to an invigorating last FIVE months of the year. Before you know it, it's Chinese New Year again. Mehhh.....

1 comment:

Yangy said...

That's right! Keep moving! =D