Saturday, August 14, 2010

BPD8

Check out my timetable this semester highlighted in yellow! Whoa~ I've finally gotten the elusive dream schedule after six semesters! Only three working days in a seven day week. It's gonna be one hell of a long weekend.

Photobucket

I've been to all my classes and had a pretty good idea of what's in store. One thing that I looked forward to is the final exhibition. However, details are so vague I'm not even sure how involved we will be.

One good thing about this semester is there will only be one group work, unlike the last, when we had like almost all group works for all things major. This is going to be one really busy semester. It might not be such a bad idea for us to work on projects individually and only have ourselves to worry about. It's speedier and cuts down on distractions.

My core and major are gonna be killer modules. Graphic design will have two indusity projects, one self-promo and portfolio book. In addition, I hope to be able to find the time to create more pieces to put into my portfolio book. So far, I have very little that's good enough for show.

There's no more Ken Goh this semester. All of a sudden I felt as if we were little birds that left our cozy nests, forced to either fly or drop dead. And no, Ken Goh's not gonna be down there with his hands open trying to save us.

I didn't know we have such things as advertising exhibition. Worse than GD, I have even less to show for in advertising if that's possible. These are the projects I did: Tune Hotel, so ugly I cringe to look at it; Yaris, immature; radio ads, mediocre; SPCA, my redeeming work but it's not really ALL mine, so, no. No wonder I got only Bs. Dank.

Anyway, we are expected to create at least three campaigns, or fifteen ads. Industry professionals will be invited to grade us too. Ooo... fun. Gahhh!!

Marketing, please be a breeze. Only one test and assignment.

Design culture, we have one group research plus presentation, major essay, project and journal. Eeek! At least we got Trina again. Oh joy!

Key words this semester: major and final. It all sounds so... decisive. As if this is the end of the road for us, where we have to give our all and show people that these four years are not all wasted.

Wait a minute, it's not as if, IT IS.

3 comments:

Lim Yueh Yih said...

u better make it a 'Blast!' for ur finals.. Coz i'll be waiting to pick on u! =P

Quin said...

gah. you're incredibly mean with your so called constructive criticism. but i'll look forward to shutting you up. reserve you for november ya~ exhibition will be then. =D

Anonymous said...

LOL! I've only got 2 days of uni this semester. =P