Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Life On My Walls

I worked the designs on three different days to completion. However, the total working hours should not be more than 24 hours.

Tools at hand were leftover blue-green paint, pencils for sketching on wall, Sharpie for those fine black lines and tiny spaces my brush couldn't get to, acrylics and two rolls of masking tape. Got these ready and I was ready to go!

I began with a sketch on the wall, laying out the different objects I wanted to paint. If you followed my commit365, you'll see my fascination with stags and clocks.


Masking the area where I wanted the pattern to be.


Detailed sketch of the mechanics inside my clock.


Coloured circles were painted on using circle stencils.



I can never deal with a lot of colours at one time, so I opted for the safer style, which was black on colours. Finer details were drawn using Sharpie.


Masking to create a straight-edged box.


Completion of my stag with beyond cool antlers!


Painting within the masking of the box.








Brushed in a few lines of self-reminder. Must remember at this point in my life, at this moment, I do not give a fig for your opinions.




I went over to the new place all by myself in the middle of the night with my iPod blasting in my ears to prevent paranoia over unidentified sounds. Thanks to the caffeine pumping my blood, I'd finally finished this.


Save the masking save the world.





Dankmyhandlookedfatoncamera.

9 comments:

陈晓凤 said...

good work!stupid~lol...
wohh!!!have a nice wall paint is it?

Quin said...

wall paint? no.. it's acrylic. =D

mie said...

wow... nice... i likey the birdie... hehehe

gniting said...

stupid really good job..whn i go penang must go yr house for a look.."dun let us wait 5 minit again a!"

Quin said...

ey..? wait five minute again?

gniting said...

later we wan 2 go yr house..u ask us wait 5 minit for u 2 clean yr room mah~haha~

CL said...

Damn you're good!! Btw, I have an empty pink wall in my room. You interested to paint for me?? :P It looks boring without anything (my wall)...I need creative ppl like YOU!!

Quin said...

=D ada money in it ar?

haha! am leaving pg end of the month.. pick up a brush, and do as u like. it's YOUR wall. =)

adrienne said...

Good paint job Quin! I always wanted to do something like that! Sigh - wish I've got my own place someday soon!