Saturday, February 06, 2010

Thoughts on a Solitary Night

There was one night when I didn't want to go home. The night ended fairly early, and home was the last thing on my mind. I think the caffeine in my blood played a part in this inspired-restlessness.

So I drove. Rather aimlessly. Over the bridge and back. Paid RM7 needlessly. Burnt one bar of petrol. O well. I've always wanted to be... doing nothing spontaneously. Hah.

*****

"Sipper" - Definition: A person who is a temporary time-filler until appointed date arrived, in which so-said 'sipper' will be asked to leave.

I am no one's "sipper". Umph.

*****

Coffee has this amazing effect of pumping your blood and set you on a temporary high. I finished painting my wall after so-said high. All the while coffee only managed to make me sleepy. This revelation was both terrifying and exhilarating.

*****

Spontaneity is liberating. Telling yourself the right time will come or setting a time limit for creating milestones are simply lame excuses to hold yourself back. Questions will not push you forward, only holding you back. But if you really have to ask, ask this: "Why not?"

*****

The best way to learn swimming is to start at the deep end. Does it really matter if things didn't work out the way you intend them to? I can still afford to have nothing to lose. Failure is, after all, how one gains experiences.

*****

The day has come when I look at the phone and he did not cross my mind.

"It's not about what he said, but what he did. Actions do speak louder than words. And oh yeah. Memories are deceiving."

7 comments:

kangrui said...

thats what i love about coffee. not only does it keep me awake per se, it keeps me well, alive. alive in the sense that i was able to feel everything around me, alert to (almost) everything around me. and most of all, be the most active.

else, i could very well be a stone.

it is like alcohol. minus the embarrassing red and the sleepiness. (and maybe less high)

My exact sentiments, the second last line.

Quin said...

second last line, 'and oh yeah'? heh....

as alert as the drink made me, i wudn't wanna depend on it to stay awake or to give me the occasional extra boost. i can make do with one less vice. it was just a rather pleasant discovery.

shud stock up on green tea. at least that made me feel healthy too.

kangrui said...

make that second last paragraph then.

green tea is yucky. sometimes.

oh, as if u have a lot of vice going on. hee.

kangrui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quin said...

hah. as if you know all about me.

kangrui said...

i try.
and then i hope.

=)

Quin said...

you don't. you won't. ever.

and neither will i. =)