Sunday, July 05, 2009

A Love Story

I knew you were going to be there. My eyes searched above the crowd just so I could catch a tiny glimpse of you. Alas, the first sight of you set my heart aflutter, as a smile pulled at the corners of my lips. I have waited so long for this moment. This moment of pure adoration and love.

As I approached you, I find it impossible to pull my eyes from your face. Finally. I have never been so close before.

But as I stood before you, to my disappointment, you do not see me. Please, a look, a glance; I have waited too long to be simply brushed off by your nonchalance.

I wanted to call out your name. I wanted to do anything to capture your attention, even if it's just for the span of a moment. With trembling lips and the clenching of a fist for added courage, I let the sound of your name glide off my tongue. Clear. Precise. You couldn't have known how afraid I was of making a fool of myself.

You looked up. Finally, our eyes met. A surprised smile touched your lips and brighten your eyes. "Hi," you quipped. As if I were an old friend you haven't seen for a long time.

"Hi," I breathed. A jumbled bundle of emotion ranging from plain awe to stunned bewilderment all wrapped up in one of the shortest words in the English language.

We shook hands. Your grip was strong, the palm of your hand slightly rough. What should I say? I could sense the moment of our parting looming ahead. I have rehearsed so many different lines in my mind before. I could not and would not leave you without saying at least something more than just 'hi'.

"你要永远 enjoy 唱歌!" That came out. Just like how I meant it to be.

You smiled in appreciation. As if you truly took in this little wish I had for you.

"Thank you," you said.

No, thank you, for being the best there is and for giving me this memory.



Thus, my first ever real interaction with Eason Chan. =P

5 comments:

mie said...

WOW... I could just say that to describe everything... and great for u... hhehe

CL said...

PHEEE WITTTT!!!~~~
I was about to ask you about him coming over to M'sia but damn, you're fast! Hahah. CONGRATS GIRL!!

ps: Have you washed your hands then?

Quin said...

hehe~ i'm fast ey? great!

hands are washed, come on, be practical, but the memory will remain with me forever.....

LOL~

neilwasabi said...

dude...... u are so lucky to be able to meet your idol face to face! ^^

kinda weird to live in the same unit but with different friends around. gonna miss you and all of your grammar guidance!

Quin said...

oh well, i'm sure u are getting used to them already. i will be having a diff experience this sem, so let's do our best, ok? and all the best too to you!!!