Monday, July 20, 2009

A Summary of Week One

There are so much that I want to share, so much that I want to write, but at the same time, don't feel like writing grandmother stories.

The first week of internship has passed. And my wallet is quick running dry. Dank.. my wallet could hardly survive my first weekend here, in Damansara. But what to do?? It's the Malaysian Mega Sale, for goodness sake! And what kind of a good loyal citizen am I if I don't at least contribute a little back to further boost the economy? This show of patriotism "earned" me a new pair of jeans, two cardigans, and awesome lunches.

Let me wrap up the week with a few thoughts:

Out of sheer boredom, extraordinary things happen. Or, You'll do anything out of sheer boredom.

Let me elaborate. Heck, I am finally in the heart of a city! I can go places without first having to fork out RM20 to get to Serdang KTM. So you can't really blame me for letting things get out of hand. But the down part of this is, friends are far away. Uni friends, that is. I get back home from work, and the only thing that greeted me were four empty walls. I'd appreciate a friendly face, and sorta missed the light banter between friends. Come weekend, with all the free time of 48 hours, I needed real hang out time!

Therefore, out of boredom, nudged Kar Yee on msn. Asked her out for lunch. Dank. Never been out with her one on one before, what are we going to talk about??!! On the day itself, ShzeLi came too. What a weird threesome. We definitely never hung out with each other back in Penang. But then again, things tend to surprise you. Kar Yee, if you're reading this, I'd say the hang out session was a successful one. Except for the costly lunch in the Apartment. It's pretty cool hanging out with a different group of people, not with the usual ones, and you get to hear different things and opinions. Coz truth be told, I have definitely heard it all when it comes to my usual clique: CY, HF, Rui (not Vietnam, tho!) and Eve.

And CY, I still hate you. =D

Good or bad a situation, it all depends on you.

Work was boring, coz I have nothing much to do yet. Everyone has been telling me their internship started off the same way; some have even perfected the skill of staring into spaces. I wanna do more! I want to learn more! I want to be busy!! Really really busy! People there are awesome, and I am definitely learning more about web design every single day. But I have really touched on real design work only once. Blog skin. Which I am not even sure is going to be used. Had fun though.

This place is a whole different environment from the one in LUCT. What I have learnt so far, would have put some of the lecturers back there to shame. Horrible comment, but it's the truth!

It all really depends on how much of an initiative I am willing to put in. It's all in my hands.

And they say the web is a free world....

I can't rant about personal feelings on FB, coz my mom is there.
I can't rant about work on twitter, coz I have all my colleagues there.
As for ranting in my blog... I prefer to believe in blind oblivion that no one even bothers.


Right.

6 comments:

1PluS1=2 said...

i definitely agree that it was a good hang out! a really sweet&warm one.. and we're so gonna go out together again... rmb our promise? haha!

Quin said...

=D definitely. ask shzeli. haha!!

Nigel Sia said...

Hey, I read your blog. Haha. :)

Nigel Sia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NiCk said...

Hey I read your blog too... :P

Quin said...

=D and i too, read YOUR blog.