Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Highs and Lows

Finally! I've finished the ten illustrations to be included in the conceptual book! I don't like them all, in fact, I hated some of the ones I did. Right now, I just couldn't care enough to change anything. Though the illustrations are done, this is only the first part. There's still the framing and the textual content of the whole book. Here, I will show you the highs and lows of my illustrations this time around.




This here is from the "Bottleneck". Among all of Andersen's work, this story is not as well known. After reading it though, I find it interesting how all things can come back full circle. Of all the pieces I did, this is my favourite for its colour.





Just by looking at the colours, can you tell which story this is from? "Snow Queen", though has never been my favourite, is always portrayed as this majestic cool character in my mind. I don't think I have successfully captured the majestic quality, but I think I did make her look cool.



This is what happened to the drowned "Little Mermaid" after I fished her out of the sea, slapped her awake and then threw her back in. It doesn't look great but at least I have stopped groaning looking at it.



Lastly, "The Little Matchgirl".

I have nothing to say. Someone please kill me. (ARRGH!)

p.s: I have no idea what happened to the colours you see here. Might have something to do with the format in which I saved it. Anyways, am too lazy to do anything about them now.





No comments: