Monday, August 04, 2008

A Brand New Day in A Dulled Dream

What began as an ordinary day in a new semester ended perfectly well on three good notes. But before going to the good parts, let me begin with the dull ones.

Today is the beginning of a new semester, as mentioned, so I must be excited to be going to school. Instead of being filled with excitement, I was only filled with dread. It didn't help much when I had a good look at the timetable. There was nothing there to be excited about. Simply all a continuation from the last semester but none of the lecturers names sounded promising. If every one of them were like some certain laid back lecturers from last semester, I don't see myself having the fire to work on my work.

I have been telling myself that lecturers are merely beings to guide me along the way and it is not practical to be relying on them a hundred percent. This is university, not secondary school. But now, I have a new outlook on this. Still, I do not need lecturers who submerge themselves fully in teaching us, but it will be awesome to get someone with real experience and knowledge to share. I don't need fresh grads who have little experience more than myself teaching me what they think they know.

I am looking at this a little bit more pessimistic than I would have liked. It is still too early to be lamenting about the coming days. Let me get through this introduction week and then I will see.

I got my results today. Not as fantastically good as I would have liked. I have slipped in my CGPA, but it is still within acceptable bounds. To increase it by a mere 0.02, I would have to score 4.00 next semester. I need this to reach my ultimate goal. All I have to do is score a minimum A- in all my subjects. I did slacked by the end of last semester, but I promise to buck up and do more than my best.

I was enjoying the smooth internet connection I had today. Totally love my formatted computer and new keyboard.

As for the three highnotes at the end of this dull day, they are simply chatting again with an old friend, listened to a chraming relationship that finally has found its own answer and lastly, managing a post.

This is nothing much. But it is at least a start.

No comments: