Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Date with Mom

For the Raya weekend, mom came down from Penang to visit me! I was worried about not knowing where to take her. She planned to be here for four days three nights, I couldn't really expect her to just bum around in my room doing nothing, right?

I needn't worry because mom came with only one objective in mind: FOOD. In fact, she emailed me with a list of places she wanted to go and short of demanding me take her. These were what we had for the whole duration she was here, in order:

Seremban Favourites Char Siew > Imbi Road Tai Loke Min > Kuchai Lama dim sum > Jonker Street food stuff (she totally disliked them. even snorted in derision at a stall of penang char kuey teow there) > Ampang Yong Tau Foo > Tenji Japanese Buffet > Ampang Yong Tau Foo (had it again for her meal before leaving, it was so good it warrant a back-to-back visit)

No pictures. Not a fan of taking food pictures, I prefer eating them immediately after serving.

Anyhow, I was burdened with the guilt of not doing any work during her whole time here. Then the guilt was elevated a teeny bit with every kind of food we had together. I appreciate having my mom to myself for these few days. If all went well, the next time I'll see her will be graduation.

For the first time in my 23 years, I felt slightly embarrassed and guilty for having my mother pay for every single thing. I console myself by thinking these will be the last bits. When I work next year onwards, no more such treatments. When I earn my own money, it will be my blessing and honour to be able to care for her. I have no ambition to get big cars and big houses, but I do want to pamper my mom by paying for her food and expensive stuff she will never buy for herself.

Photobucket

Love you mom. Till end of the year. =)

4 comments:

Yangy said...

Good gal! I will be the witness of your promise. ^^

mie said...

wow...so nice... asked my mum to gv a visit to sabah... she say wait till convo la... hhehehe

Quin said...

sabah is a bit further than kl. haha..

kangrui said...

this post pasted a BIG wide smile on my face! =)