Monday, September 20, 2010

Ah Pui and Ah San

Whoa! Post long time in coming!

Two of my bestest friend in the whole wide universe has graduated. Weeee~~~~ (erm... about a couple of months back kut)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was the first one to go into Uni but the last one to grad (that is if I even manage to, hah!).

I missed your big moment, Rui, I was too busy conquering the highest peak in Malaysia. I hope I've sorta redeemed myself by being there for Hooi Fong on her big day. But truth be told, I happen to think convocation's like a big waste of energy, an elaborate show put up just for the sake of the family. Dear all, when I graduate, please, I'd like cash rather than bouquets of flowers that'll wither and die on me the next day.

Gah. Went a little off track there.

I've come to realise there are details about the two of you that I may not be able to answer. Details that one will only know if we see each other constant enough. Gone were the days when we were there all the time for one another, physically. I predict the coming years will be an even bigger challenge and will take a bigger toll on our friendship. Career probably does that better than university.

But I know no matter where we are, we have threads in common. There are not many people I can turn to in times of doubts and frustrations. You can bet your sorry ass I will not turn into one of those so-called adults that when asked where are your old friends and will answer, "Don't know. Lost contact long ago."

All the best my friends, in your future endeavors. I fervently wish we do not be complacent in our lives too early, well, at least not until we are fifty! Have faith and dive, one wise friend once told me. Let's all do that. I think we'll turn out rather brilliantly.

We cannot be otherwise.

4 comments:

fong said...

graduation~~ is not only a show for our parents laa.. you should see the proud-ness of the parents when their first child graduated from the university. The tears that will make your heart so touched that you yourself feel like crying along with them.

I just realised my parents did not cry on my graduation. But they definitely cried during my brother's. I guess anyone can get used to the situation. Rui's convo was also a shocked to me. I saw the parents dropping tears and the indescribable smile, happiness and proud of rui's success (hey rui, trhe worst of the best but you are still one of the best! *wink*), i, myself can't help but dropped a tear or two for rui. Rui, am very proud of you.

though i have becoming stingy and all, but i will be there to see you wear the ugly square hat!! rui, you better be there and dont leave me alone..

Love ya lots!!

PS: though work can get most of your time, but deep down we know we are just a phone call away. Adios!! See ya soon quin!! Buahaha~

Quin said...

i like never call u all also. =P see u oct!!

kangrui said...

why are we always seeing each other so much earlier than we intended?

oh right, we just loveeeeee each other so! =)

Quin said...

seeing you guys has lost its novelty. =.=