Sunday, June 13, 2010

SPCA Campaign and The Best Lecturer EVER

SPCA Campaign
Our final project was to come up with an awareness campaign. Together with 41, Tham and Elysia, we chose SPCA as the organization to do this campaign for. Our main message was the consequences of strays overpopulation. Through this campaign, we aim to encourage the people who want pets to adopt instead of buying from pet shops.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tham was in-charged of all things visual, I deal with copy while 41 and Elysia both came up with the design for the promotional campaign props. This is one of the few group works where I felt totally relaxed. Coz I deal only with copy, once my part is done, I'll just have to pass that on to the rest. Then I could sit back and only comment on their works. Sweet~

I really like the visual style we came up for this campaign. It's clean and the impact of the images was really strong. All thanks to Mr. Tham for the great visuals!

But maybe it's due to this being the final project, and we're all pretty burnt out by now, we didn't push the possibilities of this project even further. As good as I thought our ideas were, we could have done more, have a wider reach. At one point or another, I think we're all guilty of thinking, 'This is good enough.' But apparently it's not. A good campaign goes beyond powerful visuals and ideas. There's still the strategy on how we want to reach the audience and I think this was our weakest point throughout the whole project.

Anyways, it's done. Just a few tweaks and Advertising is finished for this semester. And so is our time with Mr Ken Goh which has come to an end.

The Best Lecturer of LUCT
He is funny and impossible to please. He has many weird quirks and asks the hardest question which left most of us stumped all the time 'What is the message?'.

After all the presentation, Ken Goh went to the front of the class to give us some feed backs on how we did. It was only when he was giving us what sounded like final advices that it hit me, this was our last class with Ken Goh. We were with him for two semesters. This dude gave me a B for Advertising before. Hoping to get an A from him seemed so... far-fetched. But he is the best lecturer LUCT had to offer. He questioned our work all the time and had a lot to do with tying our ideas to the ground, making them realistic and executable. Without him, our work will only looked pretty, nice and without substance.

He said that he hoped everything we've learnt we will put into practice and not only do them because it's from the Ken Goh bible. But it's true. We only do certain things thinking 'What will Ken Goh ask?' and 'Ken Goh will not let us off that easily'. It is because of his standards that we strive to do better hoping if not to impress, then at least for approval.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You have been truly great, Sir. Thank you!!

ps: Class pictures courtesy of Ying Waey's album. More here.

3 comments:

Yangy said...

This is one of the few group works where I could totally focus on my work rather than dealing with people problem, ha!

And... this dude is the best lecturer for me 'coz... he was the first adverting lecturer who gave me A. ROFL~ (don't ask what I got during my diploma time, ish!)

e Loe said...

great job <3

PS said...

hi, possible to get the email address of Mr Ken Goh? I was his student... :)