Saturday, May 08, 2010

Anita Mui's Farewell Concert 2003

I have no idea why but I suddenly had this urge to look for Anita's last concert performance, where she wore a wedding dress. I've never watched this so this was my first time actually hearing what she said during this last performance. It made me think how quickly we assume how our future will be and take for granted that we have all the time in the world.



While watching this video of the duet with Jacky Cheung, tears flowed when I was following the lyrics. No idea why I'm being so sentimental. Cari pasal watch something that made myself cry.


Oooo~ and then I saw that Eason Chan was a guest at the concert too! I figured he was kinda new then? But Anita mentioned that he has a great voice which he must know how to put into good use. Given time, we will see what a great singer he will become. How right she was.


Her last song. What was it like for her fans to be there, listening to this last song, knowing, it's their idol's last song, ever?

2 comments:

llwy12 said...

Hello. Coincidentally, I did a posting on my blog about the Jacky/Anita video as well -- and I had the exact same reaction...as a Jacky fan and knowing how close he was with Anita (he's her "brother-in-law") and how he was trying to suppress his sadness during their performance, it made me extremely sad. I've seen that video many times and each time, I can't help but cry...

Quin said...

hi! thanks for dropping by~ =D

it was the first time i've seen the video. it was heart wrenching listening to them, best friends bidding each other goodbye. this is a song i often sing with my best friend too, it was a song she'll definitely want to sing in karaoke. i can understand what they are feeling, if ever there's a day when we sing again under such circumstance. T.T