Friday, October 23, 2009

Of Coins, Ice Creams and Babies

I posted on Facebook how I was too cheapskate to reload my phone and had to depend on free smses to contacts on FnF list instead. When I went into the office last bright early morning, Eugene came over to my place with an evil grin on his devilish face. He was armed with a tray of spare coins and began unloading coins worth RM10 on my table. It was both funny and slightly embarrassing for me. I was not really THAT broke. Some other colleagues then contributed to my 'charity' fund by giving me their five cents and lo-and-behold, a red packet. What the - !

Anyhow, thanks to these people, I now have credit on my phone (and I burnt seven bucks making a land line call home. sweet.).



Went to have McD take away after work. I had to wait fifteen minutes coz the ayam goreng's not ready. To while away time, I bought a sundae cone and the kind staff there gave me one double the size you'll normally get. Awesome people!

HF is buying a new car tomorrow. Her Mr. 2009. I am at the same time both excited and worried for her. It seemed like such a risk, not to mention financial burden to be getting yourself a car even before you graduate. I hope she knows what she's doing and things will work out well for her. On the bright side, now I can get free rides from her in her brand new car!

Hehe... I couldn't stop smiling when I heard this news. My sister's pregnant! Her second child. I am going to be an aunt fifth time over!

This day was just filled with happy little things that make my day.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

Friday 23rd October's a memorable day for me as well.

I'm touched by your colleagues' kindness. Such kind people - rare these days.

Quin said...

no. they are not kind. they are just out to have a good laugh.

but then again.. yeah, they are kinda kind... haha!