Monday, October 19, 2009

Hallo Sneak Peek



I haven't been feeling inspired in the longest time. Ermmm... scratch that. I have been inspired, just not motivated to do anything about the inspiration. Anyway, I felt really keen on designing a Halloween wallpaper. All I could do tonight was to sketch it out. I need a scanner, or at the very least, snap this with my SLR to get better resolution.

Anyway, do keep a look out here for future improvements on this piece.

One thing I figured, inspiration is also something you need to practice in gaining. If you haven't been drawing/designing for the longest time, given a piece of paper, all you could do is stare at it. Well, for me at least.

7 comments:

neilwasabi said...

Haha, I like it! XD Very...... abstract. Wonder wat's the message? Remember to upload on deviant, and color it!

Tat day saw u in Station One. Too bad I didn't attend the celebration although Stella did ask me to. XD I was too tire.

Quin said...

hehe.. thank you. i need to fix it first, get better resolution and ink the lines nicely digitally. i haven't upload stuff on dA in the longest time.

u were there already in Station One? aww.. shund have said hi!

adrienne said...

Nice. I thought you were sketching your impression of pandora's box. Anyways, after I'm done with my hons and everything - I'm hoping to get in touch with art again.

Can't wait. And I'm having second thoughts about going back in January and not coming back. So fickle minded but I'll really give it serious consideration; after my exam.

Friday, 23rd Oct, 10 am:
Candidate selection for hydraulic fracture stimulation using on-site rock cuttings descriptions.
by Adrienne Lim

I just started doing my ppt slides.

neilwasabi said...

I half asleep in the car, but still see u and JET. The big guy. Haha, I saw u and I was like "wat the, kok quin come all the way from kelana jaya."

Haha! XD

Quin said...

adrienne - i cudn't even begin to make heads and tails over ur topic. what rock what simulation??

anyway, think it over carefully, whether to come back or not. keep me posted!

nigel - yep.. all the way from damansara, actually. jet drove me, since he's in the area~ so i gotta hang out with the rest also.

mie said...

Kok quin, u r reli great in art.... i m not reli gud in words but what i can tell u is the sketch is beautiful... hehehe... reli enjoy ur drawing....

Quin said...

jamie~ thanks for the compliment, felt really flattered! but truth be told, i am no where near great... yet. we all have things to improve on and learn. =D