Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Down, More to Go

From Standard 1Zamrud, to becoming Georgians, to you going off to KL first then Australia, coming back, then leaving again for eternally (at least it seemed like a long-term thing for me) and now, finally, graduation.

We have gone through so much mushy stuff, Adrienne, you should know better than I do. We even recalled it so many times, every time you're back, we talk about the past. Having a shared past makes us closer, or it might be something we hung on to, so that the bond between us won't just fizzle and die due to distance and separation. I have lost count of the number of times when someone said, 'Let's keep in touch.' You taught me keeping in touch relied nothing on just saying, but actually taking actions. We blogged together, we chatted on MSN together, I shared things with you when it seemed as if no one else could understand.

We even had dreams together. (And I often bragged about having a friend who's a Petroleum Engineer. Sounds so cool~) Our dreams are different now, just as how our paths separated since I-don't-remember-when. As much as people love reminding us that dreams are unrealistic and how naive our thoughts are, I believe they are only saying that because they are people who failed to pursue their dreams to the end. I still believe in dreams and passion and ambition. My wish is that you do too.

You've graduated. It seemed so huge and scary to me. And yet, it's about time. I've personally gotten sick of studying.

The roads ahead are going to be tough. When and if you're swayed by uncertainties, challenges, hardships and tears, know that I'm gonna be here for you. An old friend from home.

Chin up and smile your silly grin, it's time to conquer the world. =)


And you look fetching in purple! Picture credits from your friend's album. I stole your pics from there. Heh.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

AWWWWWWWWWW! This made me teary! I wasn't very proud of graduating, because it truly marked the end of my studies, and I'm still jobless. But this post made me feel pretty good :)Thanks Kq! For this, and 16 years of friendship. I LOVE YOU!

P/s: Why you chose the photo that I was fooling around with the sash! Hahaha!

Quin said...

Heeee......... =D

I cudn't find anything nicer from that album!! =P

kangrui said...

Personally, I think it is very sweet of you, quin! =)

'Grats again, adryn!

To more great times ahead of us! *cheers*