Sunday, January 02, 2011

For 2011

Let's just say I failed rather brilliantly in keeping my 2010 resolution. Nevermind what it was now, thing is, I never stood by it. Upheld it for about two months, then no more. Life's too busy laa! Right.

For a while there I didn't feel like making any new resolutions for the new year. But then it struck me that it's not the resolution that matters (eg eat healthily, do not procrastinate, smile more etc) but rather the kind of attitude and frame of mind I am going to set myself into for the rest of the year.

I didn't fulfill my 2010 resolution which was, alright, commit myself to a design a day. However, I think I have lived the spirit of 2010, which was to go all out and simply be brilliant.

2011 shall mark the first year of me working as a professional designer. No more student designer bs. I am trying to get myself past pondering what I didn't get to do and focus instead on what I am going to do. This simple task has the magical ability to transform regrets and fear into anticipation and excitement.

For 2011, I am going to be brave.

Brave new environments.
Brave new people.
Brave new challenges.
Brave tough times.

Come what may, I will be brave!

I love what Rui seemed to be saying a lot these days: It will get better. I don't think 2011 will be easy but heck, it will be good. I will make it good.

No comments: