Sunday, January 01, 2012

From Last Year

Bad memory of mine these days, I got so used to thinking I had this long list of resolution from last year. But reading back on my past post (first one in 2011), what I wrote was simply this:

Brave new environments.
Brave new people.
Brave new challenges.
Brave tough times.

It was something like a pep talk for myself as I stepped into my first real job as a multimedia designer. Thinking back, I thought this frame of mind that I set myself into was simply brilliant. I don't know if I adhered to these rules consciously or not, but it certainly got me through the year. Rui has this tendency to ask us to sum up the year in three words, I could think of only one very appropriate one: WORK.

Confucious once said, "Do what you love and you need not work a single day." I think it was Confucious. Hah. I thought that was complete bs. Or maybe rather my actions were not exactly to his words. I do not love what I'm doing, but I do love what I can do. This first year of working life got me down more times than I cared to count. I have another 30 years to go, maybe? Oh my.

I have been an awful blogger this year. So much so I didn't post a single thing for the last two months. Sorry 2011, I wasn't able to bid you a proper farewell.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

Happy New Year, KQ!

I don't know about you, but whenever we change classes each year in high school (F4 and F5 is a bit different because classmates barely changed) there's this strange sense of unfamiliarity (I'm assuming this is a valid word). But by the end of the year, having spent months together, I find myself at ease hence much more confident.

I haven't achieve this yet at work even after a year. I consoled myself by saying that I lost the privelege of starting from a similar point - that we're all at different levels. Having said that, there's a voice within that assures me that I will eventually get there though.

WORK -> MONEY -> GOODIES! :D
(repeat cycle for more goodies!)

Quin said...

Happy new year, Adrienne!

Work > Money > Goodies!!
It'll shall be my mantra this year. I need it. Hah!

Can't wait for you to be back. Was it two years since you were last back home?! Then we literally have years to catch up.

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels