Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Wokay, let's recap last year's resolution:

1. Be happy. Despite all the let downs, I was happy.
2. Learn how to make things move. Hell yeah!!
3. Learn how to code (pass if I can make my own website). Fail kao kao.
4. Illustrate. In terms of work, I did a lot. But in terms of developing my existing skills to a higher level, no.
5. Read 50 books in 2011. I lost count. But am certainly didn't.
6. Start and finish my Eason Chan artbook. Didn't start at all.
7. Save money for camera, laptop and holiday. (so not gonna happen, at least not all three at the same time) No camera, no laptop, but I committed to TWO holidays, which I have yet to have the money to go on.
8. Run. Hell yeah!!!
9. Lose fat, be healthy. Came a bit late in the year, but yeah, I did this. At least I started.
10. Be happy. I am.

Come to think of it, I think I did pretty good for last year's resolution. But then again, I merely accidentally achieved most of it. It's not like I remembered these all the while and strive to achieve them. Why even make resolutions if they don't work? New years have this magical ability to make everything feel brand new, as if we could wipe all the bad things off and make a clean slate. For me, new years are about having new hope and dreams. Or rather, renewed chances to make my dreams come true.

Foolish it may be, but I kinda like resolutions, so this is my list for this year:

1. Save half my salary every month. Be frugal. Really stingy! (not possible for Jan, CNY costs a lot of ka-chink)
2. Learn HTML.
3. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week. (yup, I have an effing gym membership)
4. Draw. Draw. Draw.
5. Start a new blog on design.
6. Be more focused in work. Thus leave work at 7pm when possible. (yea rite, of course, whatever)
7. Start my pet project.
8. Be good and practice more patience with a certain someone.
9. Earn more money.
10. Be happy.

If you realise this whole list is basically all about work. I wanna make work something enjoyable again. Away from the office, I want work to be a joy again. Leave work early, and go make art.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

Nice work - I did not pen down my resolution last year. Might make a list this year.

I read 10 books last year on my Kindle. That's 10 folds more than my annual average ever since my Aunt stopped going to Novel House.

I'm bringing back a bottle of bubbly white wine for us. Can't wait to see you all again!

Quin said...

Do you know that novel house closed down? Apparently the boss has some kind of terminal disease. =( thanks to novel house and sweet valley high, I am the reader I am today.

adrienne said...

Owhh that's sad news. Novel house is good to have around. If kids these days can get off their cool gadgets. Even with the Kindle, If I could affrod it, I'd choose books over electronic copies anytime.