Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

"2010 is going to be brilliant!"

And it was. In fact, it was over just a bit too quickly. I have never faced an end of the year with such trepidation.

2011 looks so foreign. Just look at the formation of the numbers. So odd. So off. I try to imagine the new year but there's nothing there. I don't know what to expect. Anyways, I'll leave saying hello to this stranger for the next post. This is about saying goodbye.

Triumphs!
I was a happier person. I was fortunate enouh to have housemates in my last year of uni that not only brings put the wacko in me but have the idiotic streak in themselves to play along with me.
Being happy also makes me more receptive towards people around me. I have made friends from strangers.
I poured my sweat and blood into design.
As best as I could, I have kept procrastination to a bare minimum.
Climbed the highest peak in Malaysia.
Made mom so proud she cried.
Spent more quality time with family.
Spent more time than I would have imagined with the two stooges.
Truly living the final year of my life as a student to the fullest.

Failures.
Thought of only myself when it was really about others.
Wasn't able to execute all my ideas due to unseemly time management.
Didn't save a single cent.
Lost a wallet.
Let a friend slip away, knowingly, purposefully.
Giving up without a fight.

This time last year I was with hf and Rui in Singapore. I was looking forward to new year with anticipation. Oh, and I was nursing a heart ache too.

This time this year I am home with family, will be counting down to the new year with them for the first time in years. I have completed a journey rather brilliantly. Ahh... 2011. I don't know what to make of you yet.

Happy new year dear readers!

1 comment:

CL said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! I'm sure 2011 will be another heck of a year for u! Meanwhile, enjoy yourself with your loved ones this NY!