Wednesday, December 02, 2009

DIY Book Cover

Second day back and I have just finished clearing up my old clothes yesterday. It's always a good idea to create space for new stock (yet to arrive).

I used to keep those T-shirts that I know I will never wear again coz they are just too old, but have too much sentimental value to just throw away. I got this idea to turn an old fav shirt into book covers from some design book. I got one of my old top with this really pretty shiny graphic (which will seem like such a waste to just chuck out) and tried carrying out this lil' project.


Wee... my Starbucks 2010 planner. The embossed effect looked kinda nice at first, but the more I look at it, the duller it became. So, I've decided to make the cover for this planner. (sigh... I really really liked the leather cover for 2009 tho..)



My old Samuel&Kevin top with the pretty graphic.


Butchered off the neckline and hood with a scissors. I only needed the body portion to make the cover.

Positioned the planner just right over the cloth, with the graphics properly aligned. The coin box was needed to weigh down the cover.

After sewing up the sides, this is how the planner looked like from the inside.


From the back. Notice my horrible sewing skills? O well.. it'll contribute nicely to the raw-hand-made style I was striving for. (yea rite..)

From the front. The cloth's a little bit wrinkled. I will have to iron it, I think. The cloth cover is perfectly detachable from the planner.

Excuse my crappy image quality from my crappy camera phone. Maybe better pictures tomorrow when there's more light.

4 comments:

demonick said...

you covered the planner!!!?? =(

Quin said...

eheh... well... it's not exactly a permanent cover.. hahah.. dun be like dat laa... =D

mie said...

aww... quin, the precious part of the planner is like there, n u covered it... hmmm...
heheh, me saja wana kacau ni... very creative la u... hehehe

adrienne said...

It's nice. I like the new t-shirt cover better.