Friday, November 12, 2010

If Only

Happy birthday to you.

I wish you could have been here with mom and witness my graduation.
From the little girl who rode behind you on a bike to school every day to this adult, who will be graduating from university.
I wish you could have been here. I want to take a picture with you and mom, side by side.
I've never liked flowers, but I want you to bring them for me.
I want you to be there snapping pictures at me and I want to chide you for being annoying.
I want you to be there, for it will be one of the proudest moments in your life.
I want you to be there, standing in the crowd with your grandchildren, every one of them bugging you to carry them higher so they can see better.
I want you with us on our yearly trip to Genting. I want to see you spoiling the kids rotten with too much cotton candy and sweet corn.
I want you to be there to see the fruits of your labour.
I want to earn my first salary and treat you and mom to a nice dinner.

If only you could be here. I still miss you.

1 comment:

mie said...

im sure tat he'll be very proud of u... although he cant be there physically, but he's there in ur heart... :)