Monday, April 05, 2010

How I Broke the 5 Golden Rules

I read this article by CreativeNerds: The 5 Golden Rules for Increasing Productivity as a Designer. I couldn't help but find it incredibly funny and coincidental that I have broken every single one of the rules.

1. Task Management
I tried. I installed Doomi, happily entered things to do or buy, and totally forgot about those lists after. The main reason I couldn't perfectly utilize this app will be I'm too forgetful to launch it every time.


2. Staying Focused
The perfect scenario will be to only have my Photoshop and Illustrator running and me working diligently on my work. A disastrous outcome will instead come out of this perfect scenario. Working without distractions is so boring. I am not one to stay focus for a long period of time. To keep me at my desk, I'll need a movie running alongside my work. It might slow me down, but I'd rather do slow work than not do anything at all.


3. A Minimalistic Workspace
I like tidiness. It's so calming. I tried. I did. But my junk just piles without permission. I guess it happens to us all, right?


4. Close Any Unrelated Programs
Just like what I mentioned in point number three, I can't. I tried it before though, and it worked wonders. I'll only do this when my mind's too cluttered or am stuck on a design that needs my 100% concentration. Otherwise, it's Facebook, Bejeweled, Twitter, Google reader and everything else.



5. Never Delay Tasks or Deadlines
Hah! Nuff said.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

LOL at the the multiple tabs on your browser! I see bejewelled. Btw, your bejewelled scores are crazy high.

Quin said...

hah. i've got tough competition from family. their's insanely high!!